Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Spider Born and Spider Bred, CHOMP CHOMP GO GATORS! (Week 6: Oct. 5 - 11)

Now this is just a lil' somethin' extra for y'all American football fans. I have been following my three teams (Spiders, Gators, and Skins) religiously over here...checking ESPN every time I get back from going out. And this was a grrrreat weekend for college football, pro football not so much. Ugh my poor Redskins, when will y'all take a page out of a college playbook and learn to finish a game when y'all are up?!

The Richmond Spiders, Division IAA's reigning NATIONAL CHAMPIONS, yet again closed a stressful and exciting game against in-state rival, the James Madison Dukes. Woof, woof, JM-WHO?! Choked under pressure when they were about to score on the last-winning drive, fumble, SPIDERS RECOVER! That's why we're called the Spiders...we Spiderman-websling loose balls. Wow. I wish I had been at that game, though if it was giving me heart palpitations over here in Ireland, I can only imagine what sort of cardiac arrest I could have gone into in the game atmosphere! Apparently, the last few games with JMU have been decided by a combined 12 points or less...pretty impressive. We continue our winning streak, and they better keep winning and not lose, especially in post-season play! Chattanooga again, that's all I want for Christmas. That, and an Aran Island sweater and a Claddagh ring...minor details.

And my Florida Gators! Oh, how wonderful it was to hear that the love of my life, Mr. Tim Tebow, #15, was back in the game and doing his same old routine, just a mere two weeks after a concussion! That, my friends, is the sign of a true athlete and champion. He is Superman. Though it was not a big scoring game, a win is a win. His athletic dominance and prowess impresses me so much. And I know what it's like to get a concussion...as many of y'all know, I have had four. Woof. I don't think I could have come back after a concussion like that and power the Gators on to a huge SEC "W". Let's hope that my two favorite college teams keep up the great, record-breaking and setting streaks!

In other football news, the Republic of Ireland's national soccer team is playing Montenegro tomorrow in the World Cup qualifying matches after tying Italy 2-2. Keep in mind, Italy was the reigning world champions, so that's huge for our small island nation. I hope Ireland qualifies for South Africa. That would be epic. I'll be sure to watch that match tomorrow.

That's all for now on my sports updating. Hopefully this added a bit more spice and all that jazz to my regular blog post. And I hope this week's blog entry will be more action-packed than last week's snoozer. Take care!

2 comments:

  1. I'll follow Ireland if they end up in South Africa with me.
    By that, I mean I won't go to the games, but I'll stalk the team out elsewhere. Or at least their fans.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In other college football news: DUKE BEAT NC STATE. This is epic because (1) it's the first time we've won an ACC game on the road since 2003 and (2) we currently have a better record than Carolina. Bam.

    ReplyDelete