Monday, November 9, 2009

A Ghoulway Halloween and Being Studious (Week 10: Oct. 31 - Nov. 6)

And the blog updates continue. Since this week wasn't nearly as busy nor adventurous as my French travels, no need for a very detailed play-by-play.

Oct. 31
Halloween was good craic, though apparently the students celebrated in full force the Thursday prior, so I was a little upset that I missed that. No matter, I had a fun Halloween with a few purchases from ol' reliable Dunnes (including two sequined items, skirt and vest/top thing) and some new crazy patterned leggings from a French H&M. I was going for a Hannah Montana/pop star look...not my best Halloweencostume but a nice, budget-friendly imitation.

One funny aspect of the Halloween night was that there were semi-spontaneous performances of Michael Jackson's "Thriller" along Shop Street: a bunch of people dressed up as ghouls and such broke it out, complete with jams pumping.

But a not-so-fun aspect of Halloween were the long queues outside of the clubs! Definitely the longest I have ever seen them, AND we had to pay to get in! That was the first time that I've had to pay to get in since being here...the stampers weren't being as generous this night, I guess. Another not-so-fun aspect was while in the queue, I got stilettoed on my foot. Now, getting "stilettoed" sounds exactly like how it sounds: some girl stomped on my foot (accidentally) and her stiletto heel came crunching down on my exposed skin and it broke the skin and started to bleed. Ew. Needless to say, this injury impeded my dance abilities, so I called it an early night (it also kind of hurt to walk on since she got the bone that connects my foot to my big toe! very crucial).

The rest of the week was pretty standard. I went to ALL of my classes! Yes, I went to every single class for a whole week...I don't think I've done that in a few weeks. Oops. It's a good thing that I went to class too because I got one of my midterms back: I got a 65...which is an A in Ireland! Never thought I'd be so happy to say that I got a 65 on a midterm, but when in Ireland...

Rugby training has been lovely and muddy. VERY MUDDY. So muddy that two of my shirts are now (despite several washes) a dingy, off-white. Oh well, a small price to pay to the Irish rugby gods. I really do enjoy this new sport and I definitely want to continue playing when I get back to campus.

This week was just preparing for a British invasion by none other than VERITY POSTLETHWAITE! Verity is a good friend from Keystone Camp, so I was thrilled to find out that she could come over for my birthday weekend.

Now on to post about the big 2-1!

No comments:

Post a Comment